Wednesday 3 November 2021

PLANNING: My target audience

When planning how to reach our specific target audience, we needed to understand who they are and what their specific interests are. To attain knowledge on relevant factors such as age, gender, ethnicity and social class, I created an audience questionnaire. It was also important I found out what their media needs are so that I could produce a film trailer and promote the film in ways that will meet and satisfy their needs.

In order to market our film in the best way to reach our target audience, allowing us to plan efficiently, I conducted research on my target audience and created an audience profileI started by investigating how other brands define audiences, in preparation for creating my own audience profile, for example I saw how Bauer media, NME and Empire define their audiences. 

My Audience Profile:


1. Who is my primary target audience?

Our primary target audience is young people who are over 16 (our age rating is 15). Although we have not specifically skewed our film towards women, there is an appeal for women with the all female cast and female representation as criminals.

2. What kind of films and television are they likely to prefer?

Our primary target audience are likely to prefer comedies and films within the crime/thriller genre. They will enjoy comic relief interlinked with moments of tension, as well as a complicated plot line found in crime films.  

3. What platforms do they choose to watch films and where are they likely to see information about films?

Our target audience are likely to choose online streaming platforms such as Netflix to watch films, due to the large variety and ease. They are likely to see information about films on social media, such as Instagram and twitter. 

4. What brands do they prefer?

As our target audience is a young demographic, I think they would prefer sports brands such as Nike and clothing stores such as Urban Outfitters

5. What makes my film stand out from the competition?

A unique selling point of our film that makes it stand out from the competition is the all-female cast, and the unusual female representation within the crime genre.

. Why should my audience watch my film? 

My audience should watch my film as it is engaging, with a strong narrative, but has comedic elements to create a positive, light hearted experience for audiences.

1 comment:

  1. You profile your audience carefully, having looked at how brands such as Bauer and NME create audience profiles, and based your work on professionals. In particular here, you draw attention to the ways in which your target audience are likely to relate to the clothes, age, genre and comedy of your film, with its USP of all-female criminal cast.

    ReplyDelete

FILM TRAILER

ELLIE SMART 1859 I worked with Millie Wyatt 1874, Charlotte Coppellotti 1812 and Jess Foster 1820.  We produced a film promotion package for...